Thursday, October 9, 2014

Post Project

Summary

  • from the start of the year I forgot a bit from last year. the last project that I did i watched videos from lynda.com about moveable limbs for characters and I started to do that, so I made a stick man character with a funky head for the project to re-immerse myself back into what I am going to have the story be. the character is at andrew-miles-stover.blogspot.com/Andrew_Stover. the story is of the character getting scared from the mirror after getting home from work. what I wanted for the audience to have was a bit of excitement. Over the last weeks that I have worked a few events, and problems have popped up, and conflicted with this project. The program that I am in wanted to make a promo-video to recruit more people with. a few problems that I came into having was I finished the character's body with it's movable limbs in Photoshop. after i finished i imported the characters file into Adobe After Effects and began the process of animating him. There is where the problem began. after importing the file i found that the body's limbs were not movable no matter how i reimported it. so to fix that I saved every single movement transitions that the character does as an image and imported them in one by one. those were the biggest challenges. the other ones were when the character jumps and how you can see through his head, and that the audio that i used was good but needed more critique to make it better. if I could fix a part of this animation it would be when the character jumps from being scared. I feel that for the first animation that i have done in three months it's pretty good to get back into the swing of this. some thing that others said were that the animation was good with the actions, but what they said was bad was the audio and the flow of the animation. I have re-rendered out this animations with changes to it to fix a few of the problems that I have stated earlier. I hope this makes it a bit bettewr than before enjoy.
         




No comments:

Post a Comment